Traditional Thanksgiving or Creative Thanksgiving? Which way are you planning to go? Try one or both of our lentil loaf recipes.
We like the Traditional Thanksgiving Lentil Loaf with Mushroom Gravy and Apple-Cinnamon Cranberry Sauce or the Indian Spiced Lentil Loaf with our Cranberry Chutney. Our Lentil Loaf 2-Ways is so delicious and is a great healthy main for Thanksgiving. We love them both so much that we are making one of each this year…why choose?
Lentil Loaf 2-Ways
Traditional Thanksgiving Lentil Loaf with Mushroom Gravy or Indian Spiced Lentil Loaf
Author: WHOLEistic Life
1-2 t olive oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 large carrots, finely diced
1 small sweet potato or yam, finely diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1-1/2 cups red lentils, picked over and rinsed
3 cups water
2 flax eggs or regular eggs
1/2 cup scant oat flour
1 t salt
1/2 t ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large sauce pan heat olive oil on medium and sauté onion for 5-7 minutes or until soft and golden-brown.
- Add carrot, sweet potato and celery. Continue to sauté, stirring occasionally until carrot and sweet potato begin to soften and celery is translucent.
- Add garlic and seasonings for your lentil loaf of choice and continue cooking for 2 minutes or until garlic is soft and spices fragrant.
- Add lentils and water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes or until very soft and all water is absorbed.
- Add dōTERRA essential oil to flax eggs.
- Add flax egg mixture, salt, pepper and oat flour to lentils. Combine well.
- Pour lentils into greased loaf pan or small casserole. Bake 30-45 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Note: The flax eggs recipe is available by clicking here.
Let us know which you choose.
With love and mindfulness,