WHOLEistic Life. . .a discussion of life related to conscious nutrition, mindfulness, spirituality, and holistic healing by creating harmony, peace, and abundance through relationships with one another.
In the weeks to come join us, as we share ideas for living a meaningful life complete with happiness, health, and contentment. Look forward to reading about natural ways to support a healthy lifestyle using whole foods, natural remedies and conscious thought to reach your optimal emotional and physical wellbeing.
Here is your first taste. . .
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to bring conscious cooking to your family. Our recipe for Cranberry Chutney is the ultimate way to transform a Thanksgiving staple with a new twist. When we imbue this traditional berry with Indian spices we create a whole new experience for your taste buds. Make this part of your holiday tradition.
With love and mindfulness we offer the following recipe to spice up your life!
2 T Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cloves organic garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup organic red onion, finely minced
2 T fresh organic ginger, grated
1/2 t organic mustard seed
1/2 cup organic apple cider vinegar
8 oz organic cranberries rinsed and picked over
1/2 cup organic sugar
1 t organic cumin
1/2 t organic red pepper flakes (or less to taste)
- In a medium sauce pan set over medium-low heat, sauté garlic, onion and ginger for 2-3 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add mustard seeds and continue cooking 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Then reduce to medium-low. Stirring occasionally to keep from burning and sticking to the pan.
- Cook uncovered 10-15 minutes or until thickened and glossy (think bottled ketchup).
- Remove from heat, let cool completely at room temperature. Can be jarred and refrigerated up to 1 month.
Share how you serve this and even send us pictures of your Thanksgiving table. Send us your favorite cranberry recipes.
If you like this, share it!